This article describes how to use the Web Tracking functionality in your account. Using this is very easy and takes about 1 minute to have it up and running.
Using the Web Tracking System
Log into your account and head to Websites – Add New
- Paste the address of your website’s home in the “Website URL” field.
- Name your website something that helps you identify it.
After filling the fields, click on “CREATE” to have your website tagged into the system.
Implementing the Traffic Reader
Once you successfully tagged your website, you receive a script that you can implement at the header of your website’s pages.
The script you will receive starts working on your website as soon as you implement it.
It looks something like this:
<script async src="https://tgi.im/dh/js/D-12345abcde"></script>
There are different ways to implement this script in your website, they basically cover the following cases:
- WordPress Site: You can go two ways with the marvel that is working with WordPress.
- Pasting the script using the plugin Insert Headers and Footers inside the header section.
- If your theme allows it, paste it in your additional headers section (commonly found on additional functions and styling sections where it allows you to add code to the header of the theme).
- Custom made site:
- If your site manages the site’s head scripts dynamically, just add it to your header controller.
- If your site is composed of independent pages (why would you do this), add the header script to all the pages where you want the tracker to work.
- Single-page web application:
- Simply add the script to the header of the page that loads your app’s entry point.
- You can use any dynamic loading controller to inject the header to the page on your bootstrap sequence.